Saturday, August 8, 2009

transition time.....

People who are dying often talk about traveling- it seems to be a common theme.. They might start talking about going home- or it might be more subtle- talk of airplanes or boats, wondering where the suitcase it or when the flight is scheduled.

A common theme for the very big transition they are making.....










It feels like a transition time in my life. The last 6 months have changed us- changed our priorities.

I am grateful beyond words for those who have stuck with us....

It amazes me to look around and see how different our lives really are.... Seems like so many losses at the same time- loss of job, loss of friends, loss of routines. Our boys are getting ready to fly- perched on the edge of new adventures- high school for one, college for the other. It will certainly be quieter here in a few short weeks...

I though about these things as I walked tonight. This road is a favorite- it makes me want to climb and to follow. I love the river as it makes it's way- sometimes slow and lazy, sometimes fast and furious. Always moving, always changing, yet ever the same. I thought about others who had walked it's banks....indians, those on the tow path, settlers, tourists.... All intent on living their lives...

It seems to me to be a time to settle in, to think, to contemplate. It feels as if this could be a huge transition in the way I live my life.

I have been pushing hard these last years, in so many areas of my life. I wonder how it would feel.... wonder how it would work, to slow down...... to work from the center..... to be connected and live from that connection....?

What did Robert Frost say? Two roads diverged in a yellow wood....... took the one least traveled... and that- That- has made all the difference....

seems to be a time when it is important to decide which road to travel....














Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment