Saturday, August 29, 2009

school supplies

Sitting in a room surrounded by school supplies.... the requisite paper and pencils...
notebooks and planers...... paper clips and rubber bands....

pillows, blankets, towels

personal hygiene items

plate, fork and spoon (do you think they will ever be washed?)

Seems a long time ago that we started the quest for school supplies in August. From the beginning, it was an experience filled with excitement -ohhs and ahhs - and mom, I Gotta haves

I've never seen anyone swoon over mechanical pencils as my soon does every year. Every year the same.... they come home and are out of the bag before the evening is over- No matter how many times I exhort him to keep everything together- before I can even turn my back they are spread across the room, to be admired, held, fingered and ....... lost...... before the school year begins.....

We were looking for his $100plus calculator today.... turns out he loaned it to some girl named Candy. Candy who and where does she live? " Don't know mom, chill, I texted her and she said she'd mail it back..... " I'm not holding my breath here...

After all the struggles he has had- I am amazed at his excitement each year.... he's an overcomer, this kid of mine...... not one to let the struggles of the past get him down, but one to look forward to new challenges and new things to overcome....

somehow, I think he's going to be ok.... if he can find his pencil..




Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment