Monday, February 2, 2009

hodge podge

Dan arrived at Cleveland Clinic Saturday evening. I am trying to pull together every thing I have ever learned....
This is just a hodge podge of thoughts...
First- be grateful. We have been innundated with phone calls, text messages, emails. I treasure every one. I let the love surround us, blanket us. I wallow in it.
Our friends, our family- I could feel it the moment they heard. We felt the shift in the atmosphere when the prayers started. I treasure every conversation and every message and I play them over and over in my head
I meet every Saturday morning with some friends to pray. We have met for years. Saturday morning, they walked in our hospital room. "It's Saturday morning- where else would we be?"
There are the people I know I can go to anytime- my lifelines.... People I can be 100% real with. I need those people...
There is our family- there is nothing like family.
The people I work with- that is another family and I am so grateful to have them
Our church family
Our community
There is so much surrounding us- invisible but real. Those little proliferating blast cells can be seen under a microscope- but what surrounds us is invisible and much more powerful than those tiny, immature cells...

I was helping in Nate's Sunday School class last week- part of the lesson was from Ephesians 6. Put on the whole armour- then stand. Note to self: read that today-
A friend called yesterday and said part of the music at church yesterday was based on Isiah 40:28 (I think) through 31. Note to self- look it up! She is writing it down and bringing it to us.

God- it feels so good to know we are not alone in this. One of my emails ended with that sentence "you are not alone" There is power there....

I can't keep sitting here thinking- I have to go.... I'm so glad that even though I am by myself, I am not going alone....

No comments:

Post a Comment