Thursday, February 19, 2009

blogging

so- I've discovered why I like to blog.....
I haven't really been sure- I don't like to get to personal on the world wide web....

but blogging seems to wake me up in my own life....

noting something- or giving myself a mini sermonette (is that redundant? I guess it would be mini sermon) seems to make me pay attention...

I could write the same thing in a journal- and promptly forget. When I put it OutThere- I seem to remember...

I was leaving N Canton to get on the freeway yesterday- and I heard - as if in the distance- the sound of bells....

I turned off the radio (rock) and lowered my window

Turned out to be bells from a nearby church- playing "Nearer My God to Thee...."

The bells triggered something in my brain
I got quiet
I thought about the things I had written yesterday
finally I could pray....

It's hard to know when to take off and when to work..... My brain is in Cleveland, even when my body is somewhere else..... I need to be connected- to be guided..... so- today I am on my way to Cleveland.... first things first..........

No comments:

Post a Comment