Saturday, September 26, 2009

treasure the moments






It seems essential to be intentional....

I was reminded this week of how quickly things can slip away from us- moments that could be treasured can be lost forever...

I heard a story this week of a relationship that had been fractured- seemingly beyond repair almost 3 decades ago. This week, in that relationship, there was forgiveness and reconciliation. Four days later one of the parties died...

I won't tell the story- it's not mine to share. While in some respects- there was a "happy ending" there was also an absolute waste of time and the repercussions of that fractured relationship have affected many many other lives....

I hope that it reminds me though of how precious our families and our relationships are. I hope that it reminds me to take moments -like this one with my son and treasure them. Not to waste a moment....








Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment