Sunday, September 6, 2009

Road Trip

My first born, Alex, is on his first Road Trip. He left with another guy this morning to visit his friend Zack at OU.

He dutifully sent a text about 2 hours later. "here"

Fifteen minutes later came another text (from Zack-they know how to work me) "can they stay?"

I wasn't surprised- I have been 18 myself, you know. I made them sweat it out for an hour or so before finally replying "k" (I know the lingo) followed by a brief reprisal of my lecture #31, just for show.

They are good kids- but still a mom worries....

I sat down here today to order Alex's books for school- but so far I have just gazed out the window, checked the blogging world.. and here I am....

I realized - somewhat to my surprise, that though I am indeed a bit concerned..... mostly I'm just.... Jealous....

Member what it was like to be 18 and Free! for the first time? Member what it was like to have a highway in front of you and the parents behind? The skies are blue, the air is crisp- it's a great day for a new adventure...

Soon Alex will leave for college. My youngest is in high school. My days of intense parenting are waning. No grandbabies for awhile, please...

Think it's a good day to plan some adventures of my own. I read somewhere recently that although you cannot change the facts of your childhood- there is only one person responsible for your second childhood....

Have I said that before? Doesn't matter really... I'm to busy thinking about road trips to care.




Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment