Wednesday, September 23, 2009

boys2men

Day 3 since the boy has left for college.... it seems he is already becoming a man. I think perhaps I have talked to him more in the last 3 days than I have talked to him all summer- and the majority of those conversations have been as refreshing as a spring day after a hard storm.

A myriad of details have confronted him- getting up on time, being at the right place at the right time, new roommate and new friends. He seems to be handling all this with ease.... finding his way from place to place, participating in discussions, choosing activities, cooking his own food, and if he is to be believed, doing his own dishes!

He is planning his life, dreaming his dreams, and my prayer for him is that he soars. That he bcomes all that he can be, that he enjoys the ride, that he finds those that he can love with his whole heart (and it's a big one ) and those who will love him in return in full measure.

I love my boy... and I'm proud of him. I believe I'll tell him so...






Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment