Wednesday, July 1, 2009

smile because it happened

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" Dr Suess

One of my favorite quotes- though often hard to remember....

Had a going away dinner for my friend and co-worker, Cynthia, last night. It is still hard for me to believe that she is really moving 1000 miles away (give or take a mile or two) We started working in hospice at just about the same time. I have learned so much from her. So much knowledge, compassion and passion all in one compact package. Always there with a smile, a laugh, a listening ear- and she gives the best hugs....

I find I'm not great at letting go- which I suppose can be a bad thing? maybe? but I am pretty good at staying connected to those that I care about....

It's a funny thing how relationships are formed and strengthened- wonder it's by accident or design? Funny how some people come and go from your life without leaving much of a trace- and some relationships seem to be cemented.... Funny how some relationships flourish despite time and distance while others fade before our eyes....

A friend from S Carolina called me yesterday on the way to work.... We have seen each other only a handful of times in the last decade- but we always pick right back up where we left off in the conversation.... I remember feeling devastated when she moved.....

would love to keep following this thought and see where it leads.. but I need to put some time and distance between me and my house and get to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment