Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blasts from the past

What a great week we had....

Friends Marylou and Becky B arrived on our doorstep Wed/Thur for a visit.... What is it about "best friends"? (my BBFs they would be called today) We grew up together-spending hours together all through our 4 years of high school... Endless talks, endless laughs Marylou and I spent hours together on horseback- every chance we got- frequently lost! frequently late- off in our own little world...
She is in S Carolina now, and Becky (not to far) in Findlay- but when we get together it seems that the last 30 years have just been a moment...

Carole arrived from Flordia at the same time- the friend of my 20s. I kept my horse in her stable and spent hours there. We ALL converged on mutual friend Elizabeth-gifted in hospitality and organization who laid out a superb spread and gave us plenty of room for laughter and talk. It was great to see Patty and Matt..... fun to meet again the neighbors of Elizabeth...

All of this activity was going on while while Dan was having his last round of chemo. It was a week I had been absolutely dreading- spending hours worrying about and prayng about.... Through it all, Dan felt fine- enjoyed the company- rested whenever he wanted. Marylou pitched in as a driver..... and though I could feel my anxiety rising at times- they were there to keep me laughing..... And as of today- he is still feeling well...

I got an email from another dear friend this week. She has found a lump- she was told she needs to see a surgeon for further investigation. I was so touched by what she said. She was at work when she received the news that this will require further investigation.... She got in her car to drive home, and almost hit a bird.... The feathered creature flew up in front of her car and proceeded to fly ahead of her for quite a few moments. "I didn't miss the message" she said. For her, seeing the bird in flight was a message straight from our Father- reminding her that He is going ahead of her in this. Beautiful....

I had dreaded this week- worried about it-fretted... But clearly, God was there ahead of us. He knew exactly what we needed, who we needed and He has made our path straight this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment