Thursday, July 2, 2009

addendum

Left here thinking about friendships yesterday and drove to Zanesville....

"just happened" on the way home- to catch Midday Connection-where the focus of the conversation was Friendships of Women...... odd, because I normally can't pick up that station until I am almost in Tuscarawas County....

I Love it when things "just happen".... The whole disscussion centered around friendships- what can go wrong when we make a friend the be all and end all in our lives- when we become too dependent- when we make a person an idol...
I've also been listening to "The Shack" on CD- so I popped it in for the tail end of the drive home... and strangely enough.... seemed to pick up threads of the same theme
and....Dwight's blog about Michael Jackson and his continual searching for love seemed to solidify the thoughts...

so...this morning... I'm thinking about that... how friends stay friends; how we stay connected- woven together- if we hold each other lightly- remembering that our dependence needs to be on God.... It is so easy for me to try and put people in that God space.... I do it all the time... then it seems like God taps me on the shoulder and reminds me gently where He should be...

I've been struggling so much in these last few months because it seems like so many people in my life are shifting at the same time.... moving, changing jobs etc etc etc My perceptions and perspectives have been off- so even people who haven't physically moved seemed to have shifted- like someone picked up the chess board and tilted it.... I am so grateful for the few relationships that have remained solid/stationary... like touchstones....

It does seem however- that every single time i/we have needed anything- there has been someone right there- often times someone unexpected...

late again- better get to work.... just wanted to put this thought in a place where I could return to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment