Friday, June 5, 2009

nothings

I seem to be consumed with an unending sense of loss right now..... thankfully all of these losses are "small"- relatively speaking

Someone came to the office yesterday to leave a donation in memory of his wife.... his loss is huge and clearly visable

Palpable...

Still- a loss is a loss and needs to be dealt with.....

Feels like it would be easy to slip into bitter, angry, frustrated thinking.... that is where my mind tends to go.... mulling over the what ifs and could have beens. It is very easy to get stuck there.

I think that is why I write- though sometimes I feel like a freaking pollyanna..... but it is something that can change my mindset.....

Paul talks about forgetting what is behind and pressing forward toward what is ahead... Jim Collins talks about the Stockdale principle- an unending certainty that one will prevail..... Obama talked about the audacity of hope..... I've never read the book, but I like the title.....

I suppose to press forward toward what is ahead, one needs to have a vision of where one wants to be...

I can't sit here staring at a screen- I must go to work....

it seems silly to post this- but I guess I will....

No comments:

Post a Comment