Tuesday, December 16, 2008

work

Worked today for the first time after a weeks vacation
Sometimes it feels good to slip into the routine after being away for awhile
I enjoy the time I have in the car- to think about the place I have just been and plan for the place I am going to next.....
People always ask "how can you do that?" and "don't you cry all the time?" Sometimes the car is, indeed, a good place to cry.......
Once after attending the death of a young man of whom I was particularly fond; I found myself keening as I drove through a small town....
But normally- I think about the people I have seen and the stories they have told. I think that I see the absolute best in people- the sacrificial love and caring, people putting their own lives on hold to care for the ones they love....
The car is often an excellent place to pray- long, rambling prayers that seem to have no beginning and no end- a pause in the conversation when I turn off the key, the dialogue resumes as I put the key back in and step on the accelerator
It's a good place to ponder- to wonder what is important - to comtemplate what lies beyond the confines of this existance.....
I hope that I have helped someone... I hope that I have allowed myself to be changed....

No comments:

Post a Comment