Wednesday, April 21, 2010

writing groups

Our hospice team is forming a writing group

Nurses, doc, social workers, chaplains, home health aides,bereavement co ordinators- all disciplines are welcome to participate

We plan to meet monthly for 6 months, and then evaluate. So far there are 7 people signed up.

This is not something we are taking lightly- years of thought, months of research and proposal writing

I am in a writing group in my personal life- it is very supportive and very informal. We "go with the flow" so to speak- depending on what project each of us has in the works

I'm wondering- for all you wonderful writers out there- if you have any thoughts about structured writing groups?




Free Counter

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I haven't been in a structured writing group since university days. Some of the reason for that was the fact that I tended to move around a lot, exploring new jobs and new places. I think the other part was that I don't deal well with structure. (Perhaps that's something I still need to learn.)

    But I always have NaNo to keep me writing consistently for at least one month a year!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete