Friday, March 6, 2009

plating

There is to much on my plate right now- I know that but I don't know what to do with it....

When dining well- things are "plated" and it is an art form
Things can also be thrown together into a casserole- when you have the right combination of ingredients- a casserole might work....
but I like things seperate.... right now I need to be able to see very clearly that the peas are seperate from the carrots and each are cooked to perfection...

Tried to go back to work today- very difficult. My role there is pretty undefined at the moment...
My head was here at home...

My primary obligation is here- my heart is here- my head is here- but I have to work and I have to function well...

We have so many people who want to help- but I don't know what to do with that- So many people are offering to bring food- yet we have no food! Gave the kids mac/cheese... there was a tiny window of opportunity when Dan actually wanted to eat- but by the time I had given him his IV, changed his dressing, etc etc- he was to tired and lost interest....

I logged on here in the middle of the night to try and sort out my thoughts.... the first thing that captured my attention was Dwight Mason's blog re: the Holy Spirit.....

I think I can go back to bed- rest and pray...

I think today will be ok- I will have to trust that it will.... People stopped and checked on Dan today-people will stop and check on Dan tomorrow. Then we have the weekend- and somehow this weekend I need to develop a plan. If I can't be here- I need to know he is OK here while I am gone...

I need to know what my priorities are.... and I need to rest- knowing that the Holy Spirit knows better than I what I need..... Where is that verse that says He understands your groanings when you cannot find the words?

I don't think it was any accident that when I logged on here in the middle of the night to try and sort through my anxieties that God was here before me- reminding me that He is in control......

No comments:

Post a Comment